Cytomel is often used for weight loss instead of Thyroxine, the mechanism of action they are almost identical. Liothyronine Sodium is produced under the trade names T3-Max-25, LioPrime and others. In the sports environment is popular brand Thyro3 from Alpha Pharma.
- Accelerating the metabolism
- The increased heat production
- Fat burning
- A stimulant effect on the Central nervous system
- Appetite suppression
- Reduced need for sleep
- Improving physical performance
The effectiveness of Cytomel is superior to most existing fat burners, including pharmacological.
Why Is Cytomel So Popular For Weight Loss?
Many women and bodybuilders resort to the use of Cytomel as a means for weight loss. Liothyronine Sodium has a powerful fat-burning effect, increases calorie consumption and accelerates metabolism. Its popularity has declined recently due to the negative impact on the heart, Cytomel has an adrenaline-like effect, causing the heart to beat more often, and at the same time causes a feeling of excitement and anxiety, which are not well tolerated. However, many side effects can be eliminated by combining Liothyronine Sodium and beta blockers. Beta-blockers inhibit the receptors through which Cytomel acts on the heart, so they prevent the negative effects of the drug on the heart, normalize rhythm and reduce the manifestation of other side effects.
Many believe that Liothyronine Sodium can irreversibly suppress the function of its own thyroid gland, however, studies have shown that even large doses of the drug for 3 weeks of administration reduce the secretion of its own hormones by only 20%, while after 4 weeks the secretion returned to normal.
Advantages of Cytomel: high availability and efficiency.
Disadvantages of Cytomel: quite a large number of side effects, but many of them can be prevented.
Exogenous Liothyronine Sodium may cause artifactual tireotoxicose. In this case, unlike true thyroid hyperfunction, the level of thyroglobulin (TG) will be reduced.
How To Take Cytomel for Weight Loss?
- Start Cytomel with 50 mcg a day, 2 times a day (25 mcg each) in the first half of the day. In the morning, take Metoprolol 25 mg (a beta blocker that eliminates heart overload and heartbeat), if the heart rate after lunch is above 70 beats per minute at rest, then take another Metoprolol 25 mg.
- Gradually increase the dose to 150-300 mcg per day, 3 times a day until 18:00. Increase the daily dose of Metoprolol to 100 mg (2 times a day for 50 mg). Metoprolol dosage is selected individually, so that the pulse rate at rest was 60-70 beats per minute.
- Reduce the dose of Cytomel, if there are pronounced side effects.
- Watch your heart rate, if at rest the heart rate is above 80 – increase the dose of Metoprolol by 25 mg, if the pulse at rest is below 60 beats per minute, reduce the dose of Metoprolol by 25 mg.
- Follow the blood pressure, it should not be higher than 140/90 mm hg. art. Metoprolol can reduce blood pressure.
- The duration of the cycle is 4-7 weeks.
- Do not stop taking Cytomel abruptly: begin to reduce the dose for 2 weeks before the end of the cycle, continue the gradual reduction until complete cancellation.
- If you have diarrhea – include in a cycle of Loperamide 1-2 capsules per day.
- Minimal pause after the end of the cycle 3-4 weeks.
- If there is a heaviness in the heart area, it is better to add Asparcam in addition to Metoprolol. 4-6 tablets per day, divided into 2-3 doses, after meals. Also, it is not superfluous to improve the work of the heart drug Riboxin. 2-4 tablets at a time, 2-3 times a day. Riboxin to improve the energy balance of the myocardium, and Asparcam will be a source of Potassium and Magnesium, essential for maintaining normal heart rhythm.